Building Hope in Mbala 2006-2007
Last year we were able to supply adequate funds in order for the people of Mbala to construct a new classroom block for their school. This year we would like to continue our support of this community by providing funds for the following items:
In addition, Sister Sheila Fortune has advised us that there are a few children who are in need of urgent medical assistance at this time. As well, there is a huge need to purchase
oxen to pull the ploughs (instead of the children doing so). We would like to help these children so that their future may be bright with hope. Let us all be generous in support of this project.
- installation of electricity in the new school block as well as in the two staff houses and resource centre
- repairs to the two staff houses
- furniture for the new school block
- beds and mattresses for those students who are boarding during the week
- two computers for the school
All of us are encouraged to pray to God, through the intercession of St. Therese of Lisieux, the patron of missions, that our
efforts will make it possible for the children in Mbala to have all that they need and deserve.
click here to view photos of the new school.
"When we attend to the needs of those in want, we give
them what is theirs, not ours. More than performing
works of mercy, we are paying a debt of justice."
Pope John Paul II